Both studio and 1 BHK apartments are ideal for bachelors, working individuals or single occupants. For people unaware about what a studio apartment is, it is an apartment where the bedroom, living room and kitchenette are combined in a single room.
Studio apartments are not very common in India however their demand is gradually increasing with an increase in the working population. Demand for 1 BHK units has also seen growth for the same reason.
If you plan to live on your own, these points should be kept in mind before buying a studio or 1BHK unit:
- PRICE- People looking for studio or 1 BHK apartments are mostly working, students or bachelors with not many resources. They prefer flats of affordable which means a very minor price. The unit that fits the bill in this case is studio apartment. A 1 BHK unit is equipped with some additional amenities at a slightly higher price.
- UNIT PLAN- Studio apartments consist of a single room that is utilized as a bedroom, hall and kitchen with a separate bathroom. Whereas a 1 BHK unit has separate rooms for every purpose.
- SIZE- Size need not be prioritized first since studio apartments may be large compared to a 1 BHK apartment or may not be. So size of both may vary as per the real estate developer building them.
- STORAGE- For obvious reasons if you have a lot of furniture to fit in or luggage to store 1 BHK unit is the right choice. Since the number of rooms is not limited to one like a studio apartment more stuff can be stored.
- SOCIAL GATHERINGS- Celebrating any occasion or just inviting few friends over is more feasible in a 1 BHK unit than a studio apartment. The single room in a studio apartment where everything is stuffed in makes it congested and is not presentable enough for any social gatherings.
Choosing a studio flat and a one-room condo when living all alone comes down to organizing your needs– on the grounds that no one recognizes what you require more than you. It additionally relies on the condo you can discover in your general vicinity.